The General Election is May 25th at First Baptist Church Lakeland and St Pauls United Methodist from 7am to 7pm
I would appreciate your support and vote for Lakeland Commissioner. Please feel free to contact me through my website should you have any questions or concerns. Here are the main points I think are important and the issues Lakeland residents frequently have asked me about:
- Pro School with a plan for a High School: A. To support the Lakeland Municipal School System so it can remain the best in the region B. To seek avenues to fund a High School through sales tax and other means not property taxes C. To continue to see our current school system and its schools expand in curriculum, the arts and athletic programs
- Pro Smart Growth: A. Takes consideration of the natural beauty of Lakeland, the Lake(s), the hills, the forest B. Look at the big picture of how we can grow without abandoning A. C. Aesthetically raises the bar for residential housing and commercial development D. To zone properly so that homes are not infringed upon by commercial and that natural settings have a cohesion between these both commercial and residential zones.
- No new taxes: A. To gradually reduce the current tax burden B. To allow commercial development to financially lift city burdens
- Negotiate better terms with Waste Management: A. Pickups the same day for recycle, natural and other waste B. Better bulk pickups for debris and leaves
- New Canada Road: A. Land is being acquired, the plans are set for engineering in 2018 and demo starting possibly in 2019 and completion by 2022/23. Meanwhile I want to ensure all measures have been taken to make this safe for Plantation Hills and Woodbridge and does not diminish quality of life, safety or home values. B. The City Engineer said there is latitude in the renderings, landscape and signs that will be constructed for entrances leading into Plantation Hills and Woodbridge. I hope to have meetings with all stakeholders (you the residents) to ensure we have a voice.
- Improve the Landscape and aesthetics of Lakeland: A. To remove the unsightly vegetation along Huff and Puff and install a three layer landscape of trees and shrubs for a more pleasant drive, better visual and sound barrier for Herons Ridge and The Pointe. B. To find better solutions for maintenance and better grading, along 64, Canada and 70, to avoid tall weeds and debris. This will turn make sight-lines safer for drivers.
- Safety and Fire: A. More patrols and increased security measures for areas most affected B. To save the city of Lakeland millions by having our own fire services
- North Lakeland: A. To give support for better services in North Lakeland without infringing on their rural setting B. To ensure the residents of North Lakeland have a voice
- Stonebridge: A. Increase police presence to stop speeders and theft B. Use buffers of vegetation to soften the sound of traffic and other noise from I-40 and 64
- Parks and Rec. A. To see the vision through of having an athletic complex and trails and connect the city B. To see all manner of programs from Live at the LAMP to the Christmas Tree Lighting and Easter Egg Hunt expand to connect our town and allow venues where our residents can fellowship
- To solve the issues of flooding wherever they arise such as the neighborhoods along 70 and further north - To improve roadways and use state funding or other means - To support and encourage small businesses growth and success whenever possible - To support and encourage volunteer effort that improve community - To see organized events like The Lakeland Yard Sale grow and allow residents ways to clean house and for others to find affordable goods to purchase. This is a wonderful way to support one another as a community.